What is Reimagine Fraternity: A long-term commitment to setting a new standard of ambition, accountability, and inclusion for ourselves and for all fraternities. We do this to take the long view, working to provide a meaningful, lifelong fraternity experience and ensure that PIKE represents its founding values and the best that each of us aspire to be. We believe this is nothing less than a re-founding of Pi Kappa Alpha.
Starting in 2016… Fraternity leadership set off on a mission to better understand how PIKE can use its strong network, reach, and influence not only to benefit its members, but also for a greater good. The numerous challenges within Fraternity/Sorority life, higher education, and society at large have led Pi Kappa Alpha to reexamine its core purpose as a historic — yet relevant and contemporary — fraternity and the value it offers to members and the broader community.
Methodology: PIKE conducted its most comprehensive survey ever with over 1800 respondents consisting of undergraduates and alumni, high school students and their parents, higher education and PIKE leadership, Greek, and non-Greek college students, among others. Many of the findings have been challenging, yet inspiring.
- Fraternity men are more satisfied with college and more prepared for the future
- Administrators believe fraternities provide leadership to campus
- Alumni see value in extending experience
- College women see huge potential in fraternities to use their power for good
- Fraternities are losing relevance
- Fraternities struggle to provide value on meaningful topics such as mental health
- Fraternities are less diverse than campus
- College women and others are less comfortable with fraternity men and event
Through this process and leadership, Pi Kappa Alpha arrived at the following 5 objectives:
Reimagine Fraternity Objectives
- Drive Impact on Individual – PIKE will transparently and regularly measure and drive the organization’s impact at the individual level to ensure each member is prepared for success in their pursuit of relentless personal growth and elevated ambitions.
- Demonstrate & Promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – PIKE will intentionally extend our high standards of membership recruitment to welcome the full range of diversity on our campuses, while creating and exhibiting a culture of inclusiveness and equity that brings out the best of our members, our organization, and everyone with whom we interact.
- Build a Lifelong Fraternity Experience – PIKE will deliver lifelong friendship opportunities that attract all generations of members, instills pride, and creates mutual value to them and the organization.
- Recommit to Health and Safety – PIKE will serve the campuses and communities in which it exists by holding itself accountable to the highest ethical standards and investing in programs to create a more healthy, safe, and inclusive fraternity environment
- Achieve Operational Excellence – PIKE will set the bar higher and higher for what a fraternity can be and can do by consistently improving the efficiency and effectiveness of its chapters and Fraternity core operating functions