First published in 1890 by Robert Adger Smythe, the Shield & Diamond is Pi Kappa Alpha’s quarterly magazine for PIKE members, volunteers and supporters.
The Shield & Diamond is available in both print and online editions, with a full digital archive available at the myPIKE homepage.
Print issues are provided to Fraternity and Foundation volunteers, individuals with lifetime donations in excess of $1,000 and individuals who make an annual gift of at least $100 to the PIKE Foundation.
Submit Information for the Shield & Diamond:
Effective with the Fall 2023 issue, the Shield & Diamond will shift to two issues a year. Chapter and alumni news is always welcomed and encouraged to be submitted any time throughout the year. The traditional chapter and alumni association notes will be published in print with less frequency.
Materials can be received at Memorial Headquarters to be considered for publication. Items may be sent to:
Shield & Diamond
8347 West Range Cove
Memphis TN 38125
You may also email your materials or include them with your submission form. Please refer to the listings below for details on a variety of topics, and for appropriate email addresses.
- Photos must have a large file format for printing purposes – The best way to know if your photo is suitable is to check the file size. 1MB or larger is preferred. If using a digital camera or phone, choose the largest file size. The bigger, the better.
- Send original digital images (rather than images that have been texted or uploaded to Facebook or Instagram, as the quality of the picture is often not ideal for print publications).
- Make sure photos have adequate lighting and are not filtered.
- We love photos that show action, emotion, and contain contextual content!
- Photos in which subjects are wearing bathing suits or questionable attire will not be used.
- Photos which include cans or bottles will not be used.
For more information, please email the Shield & Diamond staff, or call us at 901-748-1868.